Get the geeks in your lives something they really want this year.
Here are our ideas for all of the Shadowhunters, Potterheads, and Demigods on your shopping list–and more.
- Demigods and Monsters [shameless self-promotion]. Spend a little more time at Camp Half-Blood with this anthology of your favorite authors discussing the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Edited by Rick Riordan, it also contains a glossary of Greek mythology.
- Camp Half-Blood Gym Bag. Don’t forget to pack your sword!
- Anaklusmos T-Shirt. Don’t feel bad about drawing your pen in this tee. Your foe has been warned.
- Demigod Copper Bracelet. This bracelet is just the thing for your favorite Demigod.
- The Lightening Thief Mini Book Locket. Take your favorite
Continue Reading “2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Assorted Geekery”»
All we want for Christmas is for our favorite Joss Whedon shows to stop getting cancelled.
Clearly Santa isn’t listening. Here are our suggestions for consoling all of your still-broken-hearted Browncoats.
- The Psychology of Joss Whedon [shameless self-promotion]. Revisit the worlds of Joss Whedon with trained psychologists at your side in this unauthorized exploration of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Firefly. Looking for other reading material on Joss properties? Check out these other Smart Pop titles: Seven Seasons of Buffy, Five Seasons of Angel, Finding Serenity, Serenity Found, and Inside Joss’ Dollhouse.
- Buffy Cup Set. The perfect vessels from which to spread the Buffy Kool-Aid.
- Iron Man Cufflinks. For the Iron Man or
Continue Reading “2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Joss Whedon”»
In Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonriders of Pern universe, we like to imagine Santa’s reindeer battling Threads right alongside dragons between making holiday gift deliveries.
If going to the mall this time of year makes you wish you could go Between just to get some breathing room, fear not. All of these gift ideas can be delivered right to your doorstep (maybe a dragon will even make the drop off).
- Dragonwriter. Our recently released tribute volume to Anne McCaffrey and Pern is edited by Anne’s son, Todd McCaffrey, and includes pieces from Anne’s friends, family, and colleagues, and an insert of Pern color illustrations by Michael Whelan. A must-have on any Pern collector’s shelf.
- Sky Dragons. Catch up on the Pern series with this latest
Continue Reading “2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Anne McCaffrey and Pern”»
If you wish you lived in an AU where the holidays don’t exist, well, we can’t help you there.
But we can least make the gifting portion of the season as painless as possible. Just think of us as your shopping beta.
- Fic [shameless self-promotion]. Fic: Why Fanfiction Is Taking Over the World, by Anne Jamison and with a foreword by Lev Grossman, is a brand-new Smart Pop release that explores the misunderstood world(s) of fanfiction. Get it for the significant other or parent who doesn’t really get your fic habit, but wants to–or for the fic reader or writer who’d appreciate the excuse to fall in love with fanfiction all over again.
- Excuse Me While I Fangirl Out Keychain. We do
Continue Reading “2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Fanfiction and Fandom”»
Between that white beard and a name like “Snow,” the citizens of Panem probably thought they were getting a Santa figure for president.
Little did they know his favorite celebration is the Hunger Games. Bring some much-needed holiday cheer to your favorite Panem-ites with these goodie ideas.
- Mockingjay Knee-High Socks. Fashionable and practical for wearing to archery training.
- The Hunger Games Miniature Book Necklace. Take your favorite book wherever you go. (If you prefer Catching Fire or Mockingjay to the first book, they’re also available.)
- Victor Earrings. Show your District 12 pride.
- Peeta’s Pearl Necklace. Take a page form Peeta’s playbook and give your Katniss this keepsake locket.
- Spinning Quote Ring. Featuring the quote, “Every revolution begins with a spark,”
Continue Reading “2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Hunger Games”»
The only white, powdery substance we’ve seen so far on Girls is not really of the winter wonderland variety.
Though that’s one idea for a gift, if you’d like to keep your presents more on the legal side, here are some alternative options of which we’re sure Hannah, Marnie, Jessa, and Shoshanna would approve.
- Girls Deborah Lippman Limited Edition Nail Polish. Maybe your best friend is a Shoshanna and loves nail polish, or maybe you just really like the name “Virtuous Vivid Violet.” Either way, this Girls-inspired nail polish collection has a color for your needs and friends.
- DIY Phone Case. If you’re in the midst of writing your first book and, like Hannah, find yourself strapped for cash, this budget-friendly
Continue Reading “2013 Holiday Gift Guide: HBO’s Girls”»