You may have noticed the Smart Pop blog fell a little quiet last week, and that’s because the Smart Pop team (Leah and Jennifer) flew out to San Diego, to participate in Comic-Con, a little-known* convention held in San Diego every year.
We had quite the time meeting some past and current contributors and readers, attending loads of television panels to see what our favorite shows have in store for us this fall (and what new and exciting shows we can expect to be dazzled by), and passing out some awesome promotional materials for our Glee, True Blood, and Dollhouse anthologies.
Here are the highlights of the show from our viewpoint:
- The Transmedia Entertainment panel we attended early Thursday and given by the very-fascinating Henry Jenkins
- The buzz surrounding the pilot screening of The Event (did you see it? what did you think, if so?)
- Showtime’s Anti-hero panel
- Seeing the Smart Pop sampler on the Freebie table (did you get your copy?)
- The following panels that were fun, interesting, and filled with just the right amount of spoilers: Dexter, True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, Fringe, and Glee. (What was your favorite panel?)
- All the great panel moderators, including Tim Stack and Wil Wheaton. Great energy on the stage!
- The San Diego downtown area in general, along with the easy-to-navigate trolley system
- And, of course, the Smart Pop meet-and-greet party at the House of Blues Saturday night (which will be covered in a part two post with pictures!)
If we got to meet you at the show, we’re so glad, and we’re already planning how to make our presence bigger and better at next year’s show. If we didn’t get to meet you, we look forward to the chance when we do!
If you were there, what was your favorite part?