Contest has ended! (Sorry.)
Attention Gleeks: Share Your Glee!
Tell Us How Glee Has Affected Your Life and Your Story Could Appear in Print
Have a story about Glee’s impact on your life? We want to hear it!
We’re looking for funny, touching, and/or powerful real-life accounts of what Glee has meant to you as a fan, for a special section in our upcoming Glee guide and commentary book, Filled With Glee.
Have you formed an unlikely bond with someone thanks to your shared love for Glee? Been inspired to start your own glee club? Gained some sort of insight about a friend, parent, or child–or yourself–thanks to the show?
Write your story down and send it to us by May 15, 2010. If your entry is chosen for publication, you’ll receive $50 and 5 copies of the finished book.
When Will the Chosen Entries Be Announced? And When Does the Book Come Out?
We’ll let you know if your entry has been chosen by July 1, 2010. The book will be published in fall 2010.
Rules for Submission
Your entry must be your own original, unpublished work, and should be between 250 and 1000 words.
Entries must be sent in a text document attached to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Share Your Glee Submission.”
Both text document and email must include your name, the essay’s title, your email address, and an alternate way to contact you (phone number, mailing address, or secondary email). We can print your entry anonymously if yours is selected, but we still need to know who you are!
Questions? Email us!
The Fine Print
- All entries must be received by May 15, 2010; late entries will not be considered.
- No purchase necessary.
- Cash payments will be awarded by August 1, 2010. Winners will be notified by email and/or by alternate contact method. If payment notification or payment is returned as undeliverable, the payment will be forfeited.
- While we will accept and consider entrants from countries other than the US and Canada, we will only award payments based on what is permissible by the laws of each country.
- The essays will be chosen by a selection committee made up of BenBella Books staff; its decisions are final.
- We reserve the right to extend the deadline, award, and publication dates if deemed necessary.
- By entering this contest, you are agreeing to allow your work, if selected, to be published in a book on Glee.
- Employees and family of BenBella Books are ineligible.
- Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is governed by the laws of the United States with venue in Dallas County in the State of Texas.
- Income and other taxes, if any, on the payment are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- By entering, you also agree to be bound by these rules. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this promotion but in no event attorney’s fees; and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- Limitations of Liability/Reserved Rights: Neither the sponsors, nor their parent, subsidiary, or affiliate companies, nor the promotional agencies shall have any obligation or responsibility with regard to (i) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with these rules, (II) entries, prize or payment claims, or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer of technical error of any kind, (iii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, or (iv) any damages or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize. The sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or otherwise violating these rules. The sponsors further reserve the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the contest if the contest cannot be completed as planned because of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort.