Fresh Perspectives on the SF Classic Ender's Game
Lexile Measure: 1110L
Edited by Orson Scott Card
Essays by Eric James Stone, John Brown, Mary Robinette Kowal, Hilari Bell, David Lubar and Alison S. Myers, Alethea Kontis, Janis Ian, Aaron Johnston, Mette Ivie Harrison, Colonel Tom Ruby, John F. Schmitt, Neal Shusterman, Ken Scholes, and Matt Nix
Delve deeper into the complexities of the classic novel
Teach Orson Scott Card’s beloved novel with the help of science fiction and fantasy writers, YA authors, military strategists, and more, including:
- Ender prequel series coauthor Aaron Johnston on Ender and the evolution of the child hero
- Burn Notice creator Matt Nix on Ender’s Game as a guide to life
- Hugo award–winning writer Mary Robinette Kowal on how Ender’s Game gets away with breaking all the (literary) rules
- Retired US Air Force Colonel Tom Ruby on what the military could learn from Ender about leadership
- Bestselling YA author Neal Shusterman on the ambivalence toward survival that lies at the heart of Ender’s story
Ender’s World also includes never-before-seen content from Orson Scott Card on the writing and evolution of the events in Ender’s Game, from the design of Battle School to the mindset of the pilots who sacrificed themselves in humanity’s fight against the formics.
Order Ender’s World for your classroom at 50% off of cover price using the link above.