4 Science Geeks + 1 Savvy Blonde Waitress = A Big Bang
Unraveling the Mysteries of The Big Bang Theory
An Unabashedly Unauthorized TV Show Companion
By George Beahm
You don’t have to be a theoretical physicist to understand why The Big Bang Theory is one of the most popular shows on television. Brains meet beauty in a calculus of comedy that always adds up to smart and hilarious results.
Unraveling the Mysteries of The Big Bang Theory: An Unabashedly Unauthorized TV Show Companion is a quantum leap beyond the typical TV show guidebook. Exploring every nook and cranny of the Big Bang Theory universe, it provides a wealth of information about our favorite television show:
- A profile of “intelligent designers” Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady
- A detailed look at what went wrong with the unaired original pilot–and what went right in the reboot
- In-depth background on the principle actors and the characters they play
- A photo-illustrated breakdown of the Sheldonian universe, from couch to cosmos (including the show locations you can visit in real life)
- How to get your geek on, Big Bang–style
- A primer on the show’s key scientific concepts, plus its galaxy of guest star scientists
- A concise guide to every episode and the meaning behind each title, organized by season
- An A-Z guide to the pop culture miscellanea mentioned in the show
- And more!
Pull up a seat–just not Sheldon’s, which is in a state of eternal dibs–and get ready to unravel the mysteries of The Big Bang Theory.
On Our Blog
Each season we announce our new titles individually, each in their own post, to give you a little extra background behind the book. If you’ve missed any, you can check them all out here. Fall 2011”²s intro posts are here.
There are many reasons why The Big Bang Theory is one of the most popular shows on TV right now: the friendships, wonderfully geeky references, and...
Whether you’re buying gifts for a Potterhead, Whedonite, Twi-hard, or Trekkie–or something that’s too geeky to name–we’ve got the perfect pick.
December always sneaks up on me: suddenly, I’m inundated with Black Friday sales emails, and I realize I have a full list of Hanukah and Christmas gifts to shop for and not a lot of time to do it in.
In case you’re in the same boat: here’s our top 5 best gift bets from our last 12 months of new releases. We’ve also added a few related non-book gift options to round out each suggestion–just in case you really like the person (or your Secret Santa lower limit is higher...
What People Are Saying
[Unraveling the Mysteries of the Big Bang Theory] is an enjoyable, funny and fast read that will pull anyÂ The Big Bang TheoryÂ fan right back in after you’ve read it to refer to sections while watching the show...A fun guide for the fan ofÂ The Big Bang Theory, as well as a great way to get your jump start if you are just getting into the show.
For fanatics, this intense guidebook to the scientific world ofÂ Leonard, Sheldon, Howard, Penny, Raj, Amy, and Bernadette will keep you entertained for hours. Oh, if only universities offered classes on this show — [Unraveling the Mysteries of the Big Bang Theory] would indeed be the textbook they’d use.