The Unofficial Girls Guide to New York
Inside the Cafés, Clubs, and Neighborhoods of HBO's Girls
By Judy Gelman and Peter Zheutlin
Visit Hannah, Marnie, Jessa, and Shoshanna’s favorite haunts in The Unofficial Girls Guide to New York
More than just a travel guide, The Unofficial Girls Guide to New York delivers an in-depth look at Girls’ physical and cultural landscape.
- Stop in at Caf© Grumpy and learn how to make a French press coffee the way Ray and Hannah would
- Go behind the scenes at Greenhouse, where Hannah and Elijah spend a night out, and meet “iPad DJs” AndrewAndrew
- Recreate Jessa and Thomas-John’s Foundry wedding cake, with buttercream icing made from local NYC rooftop honey
- Tour the Salmagundi Club, site of Hannah’s cringeworthy reading and one of the city’s oldest and most prestigious art and literary associations
- Shop Girls-style in the West Village, Nolita, and beyond
- Plus a lot more, from Greenpoint to Greenwich Village, and Bushwick warehouse parties to the Lower East Side gallery scene
It’s the best way to visit Girls’ New York without paying for a plane ticket–or the perfect complement to your next trip.
Featuring 20 maps, 22 recipes, & more than 100 full-color photos
On Our Blog
Each season we announce our new titles individually, each in their own post, to give you a little extra background behind the book. If you’ve missed any, you can check them all out here. All of Fall 2013’s intro posts are here.
Something about starting a new book or tv show always reminds me of visiting a city for the first time. There’s a landscape to explore. Pacing to settle into. People to meet and little details to take in. The most satisfying stories...
The only white, powdery substance we’ve seen so far on Girls is not really of the winter wonderland variety.
Though that’s one idea for a gift, if you’d like to keep your presents more on the legal side, here are some alternative options of which we’re sure Hannah, Marnie, Jessa, and Shoshanna would approve.
- Girls Deborah Lippman Limited Edition Nail Polish. Maybe your best friend is a Shoshanna...
We’re partial to all of our books here at Smart Pop, but every so often a book comes along that has a little something extra special about it. Next week, one of those extra special books will be newly available: The Unofficial Girls Guide to New York: Inside the Cafes, Clubs, and Neighborhoods of HBO’s Girls. It’s easily the prettiest book we’ve ever published, with a glossy color...