Explore the world of the Mortal Instruments with Cassandra Clare and more
Shadowhunters and Downworlders
A Mortal Instruments Reader
Edited by Cassandra Clare
Join Cassandra Clare and a Circle of more than a dozen top YA writers, including New York Times bestsellers Holly Black, Rachel Caine, and Kami Garcia, as they write about the Mortal Instruments series, its characters, and its world.
Inside you’ll read:
- A cinematic tutorial on why the best friend (Simon) always loses out to the bad boy (Jace)
- The unexpected benefits of the incest taboo
- What we can read between the lines of Alec and Magnus’ European vacation
- The importance of friendship, art, humor, and rebellion
- And more, from the virtues of Downworlders to the naughty side of Shadowhunting
On Our Blog
Next Tuesday is the official pub date for Shadowhunters and Downworlders, our anthology of YA authors talking about Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series. (Though you can already get a print copy, or pre-order the e-book, online. Or order the audio book!) And while usually this pre-publication book “introduction” feature gives a little extra behind-the-scenes info on the content of our books, I wanted to break from tradition...
Get the geeks in your lives something they really want this year.
Here are our ideas for all of the Shadowhunters, Potterheads, and Demigods on your shopping list–and more.
- Demigods and Monsters [shameless self-promotion]. Spend a little more time at Camp Half-Blood with this anthology of your favorite authors discussing the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Edited by Rick Riordan, it also...
On August 16 declare your affiliation via Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, or Pinterest to win Shadowhunters and Downworlders prizes in celebration of the August 21 City of Bones premiere.
50 winners will receive:
- a Shadowhunter or Downworlder button
2 winners will also receive:
- a copy of Shadowhunters and Downworlders
- 2 movie tickets, to see City of Bones on us
What People Are Saying
All and all, I must say this book is the perfect anecdote for a case of “Mortal Instruments Withdrawals.”
For a Mortal Instruments super fan, every one of these essays will be a hit, the kind of detailed, passionate conversations so many readers long for when finishing a beloved book.
If you are a fan of this series you should pick this up. The beauty of it is, since it's essays about different topics that the series touches on, you can page through and read one that you are in the mood for. They were so well written and dissected each topic they talked about so well, I think I could go back and read them over and over again and still get something new out of them. A must have in your collection if you are a TMI fan!!
Chapters range from an exploration of GLBTQ themes to the power of drawing, from (possible) incest to tattoos . . . an impressive array of YA authors.