In Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonriders of Pern universe, we like to imagine Santa’s reindeer battling Threads right alongside dragons between making holiday gift deliveries.
If going to the mall this time of year makes you wish you could go Between just to get some breathing room, fear not. All of these gift ideas can be delivered right to your doorstep (maybe a dragon will even make the drop off).
- Dragonwriter. Our recently released tribute volume to Anne McCaffrey and Pern is edited by Anne’s son, Todd McCaffrey, and includes pieces from Anne’s friends, family, and colleagues, and an insert of Pern color illustrations by Michael Whelan. A must-have on any Pern collector’s shelf.
- Sky Dragons. Catch up on the Pern series with this latest volume, coauthored by Anne and Todd McCaffrey before Anne’s death.
- Benden Weyr Pendant. Wear your Weyr pride. (This shop also sells pendants featuring other Weyrs of Pern.)
- Upcycled Dragonflight Text Earrings. Books are always a fashionable gift, especially so in earring form.
- Silver Winged Dragon Charms. Although we’re sure a full-size dragon would be very stylish, these tiny charms are much easier to fit into a gift box.
- Travel by Dragon T-Shirt. For anyone you know who has fantasized about riding dragon back.
- Dragonhold Keychain. Just the thing to carry the keys to your very own Dragonhold sanctuary.
- Vintage Dragonriders of Pern Boardgame. The Pern collector in your life will love the chance to save Pern from the Thread over and over again.
Still haven’t found the perfect gift? We’ll have two more gift guides coming soon! And in case you missed it, you can also see the guides we’ve already posted: