It’s that time of year again, although we can hardly believe it. Time for San Diego Comic-Con! As we frantically finish up a million to-dos, we wanted to share what we’ll be up to at this year’s convention. Click/scroll onward to see where you can find us in the convention center this year, what we’ll be up to, and what we’re giving away.
Location (#4300 – Exhibit Hall, Entrance F)
We’re sharing booth space again with Friend of Smart Pop Jamie Chambers and his Signal Fire Studios, which means we’ll be back front and audience-left-of-center in the exhibit hall, right at door F, at Booth #4300. We’ll be the front corner booth when you walk through those doors.
Once again, we’ll be listed in two places in the exhibit hall guide and you can still pick up a 2014 Smart Pop Preview from our table at #J7. (Mad Monster will be keeping that table space warm and making sure the preview books are kept stocked—you should stop by and say hello to them too!)
Smart Pop Signings
Saturday, July 26
Smart Pop Booth (#4300), 10 am
Heidi Tandy - Fic
Editor’s Note: Amber Benson had to unexpectedly stay in LA over the weekend, so she won’t be able to attend the Fic signing after all.
Smart Pop’s 2014 Sampler
The lines at Comic-Con are notoriously long, and we think that our yearly sampler is always a great way to make waiting time fly while also taking in some pop culture goodness. The 2014 preview has 144-pages of reading from:
For those of you who can’t make it to San Diego, we’ll certainly miss you, but you can actually download your very own FREE digital copy of the Smart Pop preview volume available now. (Or, if you prefer to hop over to NetGalley, it’s also available there.)
I think we might have even more buttons this year than last year because, honestly, can you ever have too many buttons? (No, no you can’t.)
- Three Smart Pop buttons (you may remember the “smart” and “geek” ones from last year, but we’ve added “nerd” to this year’s stash)
- Divergent Thinking faction buttons
- The Panem Companion district buttons, set 2 of 3 (this year we’re giving away District 5 through District 8, one each day of the con)
- Ender’s World “Dragon Army” and “Third” buttons
- “Shadowhunter” and “Downworlder” buttons, from Shadownhunters and Downworlders
- a “geek,” “smart,” or “nerd” tote bag or t-shirt
- a Smart Pop tote bag
- a copy of Neptune Noir, signed by Veronica Mars creator (and Neptune Noir editor) Rob Thomas
- an exclusive Neptune Noir collectible magnifying glass
- a full set of The Panem Companion buttons in a collectible bag (Districts 5-8)
- a full set of Divergent Thinking faction buttons
- A never-before-seen sneak preview of our Art of Eating Through the Zombie Apocalypse (with a half-dozen recipes!)
- A iron-on patch, inspired by our YA novel The Unseemly Education of Anne Merchant
Come say hello!
We’d really love to meet each of you, and have a chance to talk in person about all things pop culture–how much we loved the Veronica Mars movie, what book series we’re currently obsessed with, or to simply find out if anyone is tuning in for the last season of True Blood. (We always enjoy chatting with you on Twitter, but there’s something great about meeting face-to-face.) And if you have any ideas for Smart Pop books, we’re all ears! (In fact, it’d be great to hear your thoughts on the future of Smart Pop here and then get to expand on those in person!) Or, feel free to email Jennifer if you’d like to schedule a brief time to chat at the show about how to better market or promote our titles (possibly through your magazine, blog, organization, school, etc.?).
Heather and/or I will be at the booth from preview night through the end of day Sunday. We can’t wait to see you there!