A Visitor's Guide to Mystic Falls
Your Favorite Authors on The Vampire Diaries
Edited by Red and Vee from Vampire-Diaries.net
The Vampire Diaries, the television series based on the iconic books by L.J. Smith, has already managed to captivate millions of viewers with its unique mix of immortal romance and very human drama.
In A Visitor’s Guide to Mystic Falls, YA authors–led by Red and Vee of premier Vampire Diaries resource Vampire-Diaries.net–take a closer look at Mystic Falls: its residents (both alive and undead) and its rich, inescapable history.
- Claudia Gray delves into the events of 1864 and how they’ve shaped not just Mystic Falls but the success of the show itself
- Sarah Rees Brennan tells us what it takes for a girl to hold her own against a vampire boyfriend (or two), placing Elena squarely between fellow vampire-daters Buffy and Bella
- Jennifer Lynn Barnes takes Mystic Falls to task for poor treatment of Caroline Forbes
- Jon Skovron examines the male-female vampire dynamic, in history and in The Vampire Diaries
- Plus a guide to the book series for tv fans looking to visit The Vampire Diaries’ literary inspiration, and more
Whether you’re a new visitor or a long-time fan, you won’t want to continue your tour of Mystic Falls without it.
On Our Blog
If you’re already signed up for certain book mailing lists, you’ll have heard about the exciting new initiative we’re starting. When you sign up for designated mailing lists (they’ll be paired with the above graphic), you’ll not only get the latest news on the book, but we’ll also email you a free PDF of book content. There are thirteen excerpts you can download right now and there’s no limit to what you can sign...
Though our parent publisher BenBella has exhibited at Comic-Con before, this will be Smart Pop’s first year with a booth–and we’re jumping in feet (or is that spines?) first. Jennifer, Heather, and I will be in San Diego for four days (plus preview night!) packed with signings and giveaways for our 2011 titles. You’ll find us at B-4, in the back right corner of the exhibit hall.
You can download our official Comic-Con press release here but we wanted to take some time here to give you guys a sneak...
Guest Post: Bree Despain & Heidi R. Kling on The Vampire Diaries’ Season Two Finale “As I Lay Dying”Posted May 18th | 5 Comments »
With all the season finales piling up, I really hope the summer offers us some great new drama while we wait (toes tapping and A Visitor’s Guide to Mystic Falls in hand) for The Vampire Diaries season three to arrive.
This finale, “As I Lay Dying,” was phenomenal—definitely worth a second watch. But pause that DVR while A Visitor’s Guide to Mystic Falls contributors Bree Despain and Heidi R. Kling dissect this episode (and predict what’s to come next season)!
(Also, seriously, don’t miss...