Do you feel like you’re being mentally flogged every time Fifty Shades is mentioned (which, let’s face it, is all the time)?
Shopping for someone who sees the Red Room of Pain whenever Christian Grey’s name comes up? Here are some gift ideas that show you feel their pain.
- Some good erotica. Know someone who resents Fifty’s claim to erotica fame? Here are some erotica titles they’ll actually enjoy: Bared to You by Sylvia Day; Laura Antoniou’s Marketplace Series; The Siren by Tiffany Reisz. (There’s also a whole recommended reading list in the back of Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey!)
- Fifty Shames of Earl Grey. One of the most popular Fifty Shades parodies, it’s sure to elicit some chuckles from a James hater.
- Fifty Shades of Chicken. A parody and a cookbook! We giggled just seeing the trussed up chicken on the cover.
- Fifty Writers on Fifty Shades of Grey. Yeah, we know it was in the “Love Fifty Shades” section too, but we promise, there are some pieces in here that Fifty haters will adore! Click here for our recommended reading list.
- Gloves. Cover that twitchy palm right up . . . or at least soften the blow.
- Lip Balm. For the friend who is annoyed with how often Anastasia bites her lip.
- Bottle of Prosecco, a Christian Grey favorite (or cheap red wine will do the trick). It’ll go great with a Fifty Shades drinking game.
- Tickets to Spank! The Fifty Shades Parody. For the friend who lives in dread of a Fifty movie.
Still haven’t found the perfect gift? We’ll have three more gift guides coming soon! And in case you missed it, you can also see the guides we’ve already posted: